среда, 3 декабря 2008 г.

Specialized channels

I hate free TV channels for the mass audience, as they are uninteresting and boring. Besides, they are full of irritating advertisement. I never watch them. I prefer to watch specialized cable TV channels. They are very useful and informative. I think that they can even replace books. They are very useful for many reasons. The importance of specialized channels can scarcely be overestimated. They are especially useful for children. I’ll try to explain you why. For example, what is better for a child: to read a lot of books about knights and try to imagine their look and appearance, or to see the reconstructed image of a knight on the TV screen? I think that it is much better to see him with your own eyes. Seeing is believing.
There is one more reason why specialized channels are useful for children and teenagers. It is not a secret that young people don’t like reading books. It’s a pity because they lose much in this life. They are very often ignorant of history, geography and so on. Fortunately, today they can make up for the lack of knowledge with watching these channels. Besides, there are a lot of people, who are very busy with their household tasks and have no time to sit on a sofa and watch TV. However, they can, for example, wash the plates and listen to the program, looking at the screen at times. Thus they can combine business with pleasure. I am fond of specialized channels too. When I watch them I can’t tear myself away from the TV screen.